The Snipping Tool in Windows 11 has been updated to include a new feature that allows users to record their desktops in video format. Here’s how you can use this feature to record your desktop:
- Open the Snipping Tool: The Snipping Tool is a built-in Windows application that allows users to capture screenshots and snips of their desktop. To open it, type “Snipping Tool” into the search bar or find it in the Start menu.
- Click on the “New” button: Once you have opened the Snipping Tool, click on the “New” button to create a new snip. This will open a drop-down menu with several different snip options.
- Select “Rectangular Snip”: From the drop-down menu, select “Rectangular Snip.” This option allows you to draw a rectangular shape around the area of your desktop that you want to record.
- Select the area to record: Click and drag your mouse to select the area of your desktop that you want to record. You can resize and adjust the rectangle by clicking and dragging on its edges.
- Click on the “Record” button: Once you have selected the area to record, a toolbar will appear at the top of the screen. Click on the “Record” button to start recording your desktop. The recording will start after a 3-second countdown.
- Use the toolbar to control the recording: While you are recording, you can use the toolbar to pause or stop the recording, as well as adjust the volume and microphone settings. You can also minimize the toolbar if you need to access other parts of your desktop while recording.
- Click on the “Stop” button to end the recording: When you are finished recording, click on the “Stop” button in the toolbar. This will stop the recording and save it to your computer.
- Save the recording: You will be prompted to save the recording. Choose a location to save the video, and give it a name. The recording will be saved in MP4 format, which is a common video format that can be played on most devices.
- Watch the recording: Once the recording is saved, you can watch it using any video player that supports MP4 format. You can also edit the recording using a video editing software if you need to make any changes or add effects.
Overall, the updated Snipping Tool in Windows 11 is a convenient tool for recording your desktop in video format. It’s easy to use and offers several options for controlling the recording, such as adjusting the volume and microphone settings.